The Video feature allows you to show your leads or customers any video content as part of your Campaign. As of now, OnSpot Social is configured to run Vimeo videos only, so you will need a Vimeo account in order to show videos in your Campaign.
Read the instructions below for more information on creating & integrating your Vimeo account into OnSpot Social. Once you have a Vimeo account you can simply enter your login credentials for Vimeo into the Video Player configuration screen within the Web Admin and that will automatically pull all of your videos from Vimeo into OnSpot Social. You can then choose which video you'd like to display for users.
If you want to allow users to skip watching the video you can simply select the 'Allow video to be skipped' setting. By selecting this option buttons will appear on the bottom of the screen (under the video) which will allow the user to skip the video. If not enabled then the customer must watch the entire video before proceeding.
Also, we recommend hiding the disclaimer message which appears at the top of every Campaign screen. You can take advantage of this setting by selecting the 'Hide disclaimer while playing video' setting.
Free Vimeo account vs. Vimeo Pro account
Using Video Feature With Live Internet Connection To iPad or iPhone (Online)
The OnSpot Social iPad or iPhone app will require a live internet connection at all times to stream videos from your FREE Vimeo account.
Using Video Feature Without Live Internet Connection To iPad or iPhone(Offline)
The OnSpot Social iPad or iPhone app can also play your videos without a live internet connection by storing your videos locally on your iPad or iPhone. This option requires a paid Vimeo Pro account.
Steps to create a free account
- Visit the Vimeo website by clicking here - https://vimeo.com/
- In the top left corner of the screen, click the green "Join" button and create a free account.
Steps to upload a video to Vimeo
- Visit https://vimeo.com/ and sign into your account.
- In the top right hand corner of the screen, click the "Upload" button.
- Navigate to the video saved on your computer you wish to upload and click "Open."
Steps to connect your Vimeo account in the Video interaction in the OnSpot Social
- Open a web browser and visit your OnSpot Social web admin account by clicking here - http://admin.onspotsocial.com
- Select the profile you wish to edit and click the "Interaction" tab at the top of the screen.
- Select the Interaction you want add a video to and drag a new "Video "interaction tile into the sequence area.
- Click the "CONNECT VIMEO" button.
- You will now be directed to Vimeo.com to log into your account
Steps to update your Vimeo Privacy Settings (Optional)
Is the Vimeo video you want to use crossed out on the OnSpot Social setup screen? Please follow these steps to change your Privacy Settings for the video you wish to use.
- In Vimeo, click the gear icon in the top left of the video to open the video "Settings" page.
- Select the "Privacy" settings.
- Under "Where can this video be embedded?" select the "Anywhere" option.
- Save Changes.
- Return to the OnSpot Social web admin and you should now see your chosen video available for selection.
Vimeo.com is a separate company not affiliated with OnSpot Social. Please direct any technical questions regarding issues using Vimeo to their Help Center by clicking here - https://help.vimeo.com/hc.